Summer Strawberry Muffins
These sweet strawberry muffins are a delicious breakfast food. I’ve even served them to my kids for dessert. They can easily be made dairy-free, too! Serve them with a side of yogurt or just a cup of coffee and enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes Makes 18-24 Muffins
Special Equipment: Muffin tin
- 3-¼ Cups Flour
- 1-¼ Cups Sugar
- 2 TBS Baking Powder
- 1-¾ tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Yolk
- 1-¼ Cup Milk or Milk Substitute
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Olive Oil
- 1-½ Cups Strawberries, diced
- Brown Sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease a muffin pan with baking spray, or oil and dust with flour.
- Mix Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Kosher Salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix Eggs, Yolk, Milk, Vanilla, and Olive Oil in a separate bowl until fully combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk until combined. Do NOT try to beat out the lumps. Just fully combine the ingredients.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Using an old-style ice cream scoop, take one level scoop of batter per muffin cup.
- Sprinkle the tops with a little Brown Sugar if using. The brown sugar creates a little crisp crust on the muffin top. Without it the muffins have a soft top. Either way is very good!
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center of the center muffins should come out clean. And the tops should be golden and starting to crack.
This is the way I like to start my day! The strawberries are a tart burst of fruit inside soft and sweet fluffy cake.
TIP: I have made these with lots of different ‘milks.’ The higher the fat content of the milk you use, the more tender your muffins will be.