French Silk Pie
This decadent chocolate pie is just in time for Tu B’av. It’s a light chiffon chocolate cream topped with a sweet vanilla cream. French Silk Pie is a delicate romantic dessert, a crowd-pleasing Shabbat pie, or a secret midnight indulgence all in one.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 5 Minutes Makes 1 Pie
Special Equipment: Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- 24oz Parve Cream, divided
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- 2 TBS Powdered Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 prepared pie crust (Recipe)
- In a saucepan, bring 1 cup of Parve Cream to boil.
- Pour over Chocolate Chips and whisk gently until smooth and glassy, set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whip 1 cup of Parve Cream, the Powdered Sugar, Vanilla and Kosher Salt together on High speed until stiff peaks form, set aside.
- Whip the remaining Parve Cream (1 Cup) on High speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture to your unsweetened cream and whip until fully combined.
Assemble your pie: Fill the pie crust with the chocolate cream, then top with the sweetened white cream. You can pipe the white cream if you prefer for a prettier pie. Top with Chocolate Shavings. This pie stores nicely in the refrigerator or freezer, which makes it a perfect make-ahead dessert. Cook and comment. I’d love to see your pictures, answer your questions and hear your experiences. If you like my content, please subscribe and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.