This is sweet chicken recipe is full of caramelized maple flavor. Maple-roasted Chicken can be frozen or refrigerated and reheated for Shabbat. It’s a nice make-ahead meal with enough moisture to keep the chicken tender during rewarming. Bring something sweet to your Shabbat table. Pairs nicely with Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 1 Hour Serves: 6
- 1 Cut-up Chicken (8 pieces)
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ Cup Maple Syrup (real maple, not pancake syrup)
- 2 TBS Cooking Sherry
- Preheat Oven to 350. Line a 9×13 roasting pan with parchment.
- Place chicken pieces into the pan in a single layer.
- Drizzle chicken pieces with Olive Oil and sprinkle with Kosher Salt and Black Pepper.
- Cover with Foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- After the 20 minutes, uncover the chicken. Pour ¾ of the sauce over the chicken. Be sure to coat each piece. Reserve the remaining sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Then Baste with the reserved sauce and bake again for 15 minutes. Continue to baste every 15 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165. It will take approximately 45 additional minutes.
This dish makes an excellent Shabbat chicken and is suitable for entertaining guests. If you are doubling the chicken, make sure to keep the meat in a single-layer, and you will not need to completely double the sauce unless you are using two separate pans. If you are following Weight Watchers, this recipe is 5 points per serving (based on 6 servings.) Cook and comment. I’d love to see your pictures, answer your questions and hear your experiences. If you like my content, please subscribe and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.